McLean Contracting Company is looking to hire a self- motived, experienced marine mechanic to join our service team in the Baltimore, MD area. You’ll work on a wide range of marine equipment from 1400hp Tugboats to 25hp outboard motors.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Marine diesel repairs, 15+ years of repair/ rebuild experience with 53,71,92, or 149 Series Detroit Diesels.
- Proficiency in welding aluminum and steel to marine standards. (ARC preferably but MIG and TIG will work)
- Ability to read/ interpret electrical schematics.
- Strong knowledge of marine systems in work vessels.
- Ability to read/ interpret hydraulic schematics.
- Experience with repairing hydraulic systems (pumps, motors, actuators, etc.)
- Experience with installing/ repairing marine electronic equipment with understanding of NEMA networking.
- Strong knowledge of marine electrical systems, ABYC Certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of Coast Guard Sub Chapter C and M regulations a plus
- Ability to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle, Driver’s License Class B is a plus (willing to assist with obtaining license).
- Fabrication experience (metal work, fiberglass, sand blasting and painting.
- Ability and knowledge to utilize a laptop or tablet for digital manuals, email, time entry etc.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions, at various heights and around large moving equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, click the button below to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE/M/F/VETS/Disabilitiesapply to this job
Tradepoint Atlantic: In November 2017, McLean was selected by Tradepoint Atlantic to remove 3 inoperative ore unloading cranes located in Sparrows Point, Maryland.Read More